L’Artisan, the only Genuine French Restaurant in Cheltenham !!
* Thank you so much to have nominated us at the Cotswold Life Food and Drinks Awards 2018 in the category Best Service! The final result will be known on Monday the 2d of July.
* Follow Our Gastronomic “Tour de France”!!
For the next 2 weeks, we will take you to Lyon (Lyons).
It is located in the country’s east-central part at the confluence of the rivers Rhône and Saone. The city is known for its cuisine and gastronomy, and historical and architectural landmarks. Lyon was historically an important area for the production and weaving of silk. Lyon played a significant role in the history of cinema: it is where Auguste and Louis Lumière invented the cinematograph.
Yves will concoct some yummy famous traditional recipes in a set menu available for Lunch time.
This “Lyon” Gastronomic “Tour de France” will start on Tuesday Lunch the 12th up to Saturday Lunch the 23rd of June + pre-theatre from Tuesday to Thursday (order before 7pm).
You will find some Brioche Garlic Sausage, Fish Quenelles (Dumpling), “Lyonnaise” Bugnes (French Doughnuts), Poached Pear in Red Wine…
The set menu will be available at £14.95 for 2 courses or £18.95 for 3 courses menus
You can already book your table at L’Artisan.
*Don’t forget the cooking demonstration: Head Chef Yves at the Food and Drink Festival in Cheltenham, come to support him!!
Saturday June the 16th at 10.30 am, join Yves cooking demonstration and discover the taste of France. Copy the link! https://garden-events.com/whatson/chefs-kitchen/
* Then, from Tuesday Lunch the 26th of June up to Saturday Lunch the 7th of July, the Gastronomic Tour de France will take us to “les Antilles” (French West Indies): Guadeloupe , Martinique, Saint Martin, Saint Barthélemy, French Guiana etc.. !!
Créole cuisine in the French West Indies is a delicious mélange of French, African and Indian influences. Bon appétit!
* From Tuesday Lunch the 29th of May up to Saturday Lunch the 9th of June + pre-theatre from Tuesday to Thursday (order before 7pm), follow Our Gastronomic “Tour de France”!! For the next 2 weeks, we will take you to Aquitaine, Pays Basque. It is situated in the south-western part of France, along the Atlantic Ocean and the Pyrenees mountain range on the border with Spain. It is composed of the five departments of Dordogne, Lot-et-Garonne, Pyrenees-Atlantiques, Landes and Gironde. A little bit of history….: Aquitaine passed to France in 1137 when the duchess Eleanor of Aquitaine married Louis VII of France, but their marriage was annulled in 1152. When Eleanor’s new husband became King Henry II of England in 1154, the area became an English possession, and the cornerstone of the so-called Angevin Empire. Aquitaine remained English until the end of the Hundred Year’s War in 1453, when it was annexed by France. Yves has concocted some yummy famous traditional recipes in a set menu available for Lunch time. This “Aquitaine, Pays Basque” Gastronomic “Tour de France” will start on Tuesday Lunch the 29th of May up to Saturday Lunch the 9th of June + pre-theatre from Tuesday to Thursday (order before 7pm). You will find some Poached Egg with Piperade and Bayonne Ham, Chicken “A la Basquaise”, Trout with Chorizo Cream, Agenaise Tart with Prunes…The set menu will be available at £14.95 for 2 courses or £18.95 for 3 courses menus. You can already book your table at L’Artisan.
and more to come…
* We will answer to your booking within the next 24 hours. If you have received no answer, please contact the restaurant : 01242571257. Thank you. Elisabeth
*Visit the restaurant : Have a look now at our Google tour!
Information on upcoming events can be found here.